[KS] Going, going, gyeong: but why 10 quadrillion?

Ruediger Frank rfrank at koreanstudies.de
Sun Oct 2 01:09:47 EDT 2005

Dear Aidan and all,

hm, it's Sunday, and as an economist I love numbers, so why
not pondering this issue a bit.

The riddle is not as complicated as it seems, I think. The
very headline of that article is false. 13 zeros in a row
are 10 trillion, not quadrillion... (6 zeros: million, 9
zeros: billion, 12 zeros: trillion, 15 zeros: quadrillion).

1 Gyeong or 10 quadrillion then have 16 zeros, which equals
100 million times 100 million, or Ok Ok. Ok?

A nice national holiday on Monday  to all Koreans
(Gaecheonjeol) and Germans (Unification Day).

Best,

Ruediger