[KS] Old Korean maps of Europe?

Baker Don ubcdbaker at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 25 12:11:33 EDT 2006

Gari Ledyard might be able to correct me on this, but I believe that the
earliest maps in Korea with any indication of Europe on them would be the
Jesuit maps Korean envoys brought back from China in the early 17th
century. (The map in the Christian History Museum at Sungsil University is
one such map.)

Don Baker
Associate Professor,
Department of Asian Studies