[KS] Korean phonetics

Ri Hwasu hwasuri at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 25 20:39:23 EDT 2006

Since I am currently away from home, I cannot give you accurate
bibliographical information.  About ten years ago there was published a
work by Professor Kim Hung-gyu of Korea University and co-researchers, in
which the frequencies of occurrences of individual letters (vowels and
consonants) and syllables are presented.
I hope you are able to locate it somewhere.

>From: "Emilia Szalkowska" <Emilia.Szalkowska at amu.edu.pl>
>To: <Koreanstudies at koreaweb.ws>
>Subject: [KS] Korean phonetics
>Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 22:58:42 +0900
>
>Dear Koreanists,
>

>Since a long time I have been searching for any data concerning the
frequency of occurence of Korean consonants and vowels
>in Korean text data or speech.
>
>However I have only found an article on the frequency of occurence of
Korean words and syllables: