답장: [KS] Korean song about the Hamhung evacuation

서 인화 ihso2003 at yahoo.co.kr
Wed Jan 11 19:33:36 EST 2006

The title of the song is Gutseeora Geumsoona. The direct translation could be " Be strong, Geumsoon." Geumsoon is the name of the sister, I think. The singer was Heon In. It is still sung.

  The song was so famous and we have movies and dramas with the same title, Gutseeora Geumsoona.

  So Inhwa

Richard Miller <rcmiller at wisc.edu> 쓰기:
          Greetings,

  I have a request from the history unit of Wisconsin Public Television to pass to the list. They are working on a documentary collecting the experiences of Wisconsin Korean War veterans. One vet, in talking about the evacuation of Hamhung Christmas, 1950 described a Korean song about the evacuation that he says was sung everywhere. He remembers it describing the separation of a brother and sister, and gave for part of the translated lyrics the line "Through flurries of snow, we headed south..."

  Any ideas?

  Many thanks in advance!

  Richard
  Richard Miller
University of Wisconsin-Madison
http://mywebspace.wisc.edu/rcmiller/web/

           무료 1GB용량!, 더이상 용량 고민없는 야후! 메일을 써보세요.                                      야후! 멀티미디어
  대한민국 멀티미디어의 시작,야미                              야후! 모바일
  최신 휴대폰 정보, 벨소리, 캐릭터, 문자메세지