[KS] Fuji Kawashima (1939-2006)

martinadeuchler martina.deuchler1 at freesurf.ch
Wed Mar 8 13:54:37 EST 2006

Fuji's passing has immensely saddened me. One more has left this world who
dedicated his life to Korea's pre-modern social history. He was my hubae,
but we never thought in these terms. We shared a passion for the local
history of Andong and had many mutual friends there. In fact, I saw  Fuji's
watercolors hanging in quite a few sarang--signs of his great appreciation
of Andong's yangban culture.
Fuji was a cheerful and generous friend, always
providing me with his latest works. I shall greatly miss his warm
friendship.
May he rest in peace!

Martina Deuchler