[KS] Imgu P'ung family and the Chojongam

Adam Bohnet mixoparth at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 22 08:11:51 EST 2006

Thank you very much, Prof. Ledyard, for your useful
tips. The inscription at MyOngji University is one
easy trip that I have planned for about a year but
shamefully have not taken.

I will not be able to respond intelligently for the
next day or two as I am packing, and have just now
passed from wondering why I hadn't acquired more
documents to wishing that I had acquired far fewer. (I
passed that point exactly fifteen minutes ago).

I will say, before it is pointed out to me, that I
made one fairly obvious mistake in my previous e-mail.
While there are Nine Uisa, there are not "nine
families" as two of the Uisa died without Korean issue
(poss. Chinese sons left behind, of course), and three
of the remaining seven families ran out of sons (at
least according to the family traditions of the Imgu
P'ung and the Chenam Wang).

One of the other Ming refugee communities that I am
especially interested in right now was in the area of
SOngju, near Taegu. If anyone else is interested, let
me know. (This is by no means a request for people to
do my reading for me).

Yours sincerely,

Adam Bohnet