[KS] geography

Dr Eckart Dege dege at geographie.uni-kiel.de
Mon May 1 05:23:45 EDT 2006

The book Robert Hassink recommends is indeed the most up-to-date
geography of Korea in the English language. My students use it a lot in
a course on the Geography of Korea they take in preparation for a field
trip.  But I think that it is too specialized and, with its 524 pages,
too detailed for an undergraduate course "Introduction to the
traditional and modern history of Korea". 10 years ago a set of teaching
materials was published for use in British high schools, but it is also
useful for undergraduate classes. (I hate to propagate my own writings,
but I was asked to write a short geographical introduction for it.) The
bibliographical data: Keith Howard with Susan Pares & Tessa English:
Korea. People, Country and Culture. London (SOAS) 1996.

Eckart Dege

--
Prof. Dr. Eckart Dege
Geographisches Institut