[KS] Women Generals Genre (Richard McBride)

Leif Olsen leifpolsen at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 17 16:20:43 EST 2006

There have been many books to appear in recent years
on the topic of "yosong yongung sosol," sometimes
called "yogol sosol," which includes the women
generals genre. Here are just a few:

1. Chong Pyong-hon and Yi Yu-gyong, eds. _Han'guk ui
yosong yongung sosol_ [Korea’s female hero fiction].
Seoul: T'aehaksa, 2000.
2. Ch'oe Un-sik. _Han'guk kososol yon'gu_ [A study of
Korea's early fiction]. Rev. ed. Seoul: Pogosa, 2001.
3. Chon Yong-mun. _Han'guk yosong yongung sosol ui
yon'gu_ [Study on Korea’s female hero fiction].
Taejon: Mogwon Taehakkyo Ch'ulp'anbu, 1996.

A good source on finding articles/books on specific
pieces of work is
Cho Hui-ung, ed. _Kojon sosol chakp'um yon'gu
ch'ongnam_ [Bibliography of studies on classical
fiction]. Kojon sosol yon'gu charyo ch'ongso
[Sourcebook for classical fiction studies] 2. Seoul:
Chimmundang, 2000. (And subsequent addenda to it.)

Leif Olsen
PhD student, The University of British Columbia
Message: 1