[KS] Che Guevara in Korean poetry

Philip Gowman pgowman at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 27 17:13:18 EST 2006

I had the following fascinating enquiry from a visitor to my website, and wondered if any of you could help out:

I am compiling a book of poetry from around the world about the Argentine-Cuban
revolutionary Che Guevara. I have been referred to the titles of two Korean
poems that make indirect references to Che: 'In front of Kim, NamJu's grave'
written by Min Yeong in 2001 and 'Memoirs' by Ko Eun published in 2002 Would any
of your readers perhaps be able to refer me to the volumes in which I might find
either of these poems, as I am very anxious to include Korea in the collection.
Also, if any of your readers know of any other Korean poems about Che, that
would be of enormous help.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. (I'm assuming English translations of the poems would be preferred, if these are available)

Many thanks
Philip Gowman
www.londonkoreanlinks.net