[KS] Everlasting Flower

Dr. Edward D. Rockstein ed4linda at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 10:01:29 EDT 2006

I'd just emphasize that despite the "Everlasting . . . " in the title, the book's focus  is on modern Korean history (journalism?).  To borrow a line from Y. K. Kao (Gao) with whom I studied T'ang poetry at Princeton forty years ago:  "Anything after the Han Dynasty is just journalism."  For my own devices I revised that in my classes to anything after 1644 . . .  .

  Doc Rock

David McCann <dmccann at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
    Not knowing whether word is out and around, I wanted to bring to the attention of the list a new Korean history, Everlasting Flower, A History of Korea by Keith Pratt.  [snip]

                        Dr. Edward D. Rockstein
Korean Language Instructor
Language Learning Center (LLC)
891 Elkridge Landing Road, Rm 301
Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Office 410-859-5672
  Fax 410-859-5737
ed4linda at yahoo.com

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. "
  Edmund Burke