[KS] "Old" Journal of Korean Studies

Richard McBride rick_mcbride17 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 4 14:17:25 EDT 2006

Dear List Members:  Does anyone have access to an old Journal of Korean
Studies (ISSN:  0022-2127) published by the Korean Studies Society (Seattle)
back in 1969 and 1971?

The University of  Washington Libraries and Harvard University Libraries
both have the few published issues of this precursor to the current Journal
of Korean Studies (1979).  If I understand the on-line citation correctly,
they say that there was a vol. 1, no. 1 published in July/Dec. 1969 and a
vol. 1, no. 2 published in Jan/June 1971.

I am interested in confirming the existence of a few articles that may have
been published in this journal and finding the correct page numbers.  I have
pieced together the following information from citations in other articles
by Kim Chong Sun:

Kim Chong Sun.  "Sources of Cohesion and Fragmentation in the Silla
Kingdom."  Journal of Korean Studies 1 (March 1969)

Kim Chong Sun.  "Kolp'um System in the Silla Kingdom."  Journal of Korean
Studies 2 (March 1969)

Could anyone please offer corrections or emendations to these references?

Best
Richard McBride
Washington University in St. Louis