[KS] "Old" Journal of Korean Studies

Clark W Sorensen sangok at u.washington.edu
Wed Oct 4 19:10:58 EDT 2006

Richard,

I have Vol 1 No 1 in my office of the 1969 Journal [the 1969 Journal--there is also a Vol 1 of the successor journal begun in 1979 edited by Jim Palais). There should be considered separate journals, I suppose. The "old" Journal of Korean Studies was edited at UW, but published by Dong-A Publishing in Korea. The "new" Journal of Korean Studies was published by the University of Washington.

The article, "Sources of Cohesion and Fragmentation in the Silla Kingdom" by Chong Sun Kim is in ppp41-72 in Vol 1 No 1 of the "old" Journal of Korea Studies 1969. . The other article is not in Vol 1 No 1, but possibly it is in Vol I No 2 published in 1971. For that second citation you might contact Hyokyoung Yi hkyi at u.washington.edu, the Korea biliography of UW.

As an aside, we still have back issues of the 'new' Journal of Korea Studies that we are willing to sell for $10.00. We haves Vols 2,3,4,5,6, and 8 available.

Clark Sorensen