[KS] "Old" Journal of Korean Studies

Frank Hoffmann frank at koreaweb.ws
Wed Oct 4 22:04:54 EDT 2006

Well, you find all these references in .....? Yes, exactly, in The
Harvard Korean Studies Bibliography on CD-ROM, still available for
around $25:
--> http://fas.harvard.edu/~korbib/

>>  As far as I know, the precursor to the current Journal of
>>  Korean Studies was a series called Occasional Papers on Korea

Yes, but there was another Journal of Korean Studies before that with
exactly that title, and also out of U of Washington. Such things can
be found within seconds by looking them up at the online catalogues
of the Library of Congress and/or Harvard.
--> http://catalog.loc.gov/
--> http://128.103.60.91/

>>  The "old" Journal of Korean Studies was edited at UW,
>>  but published by Dong-A Publishing in Korea.

Not really. It was also *published* at the U of Washington, it was
only *printed* in Korea. There is an important difference between
these two terms.

By the way, if you have your own registered software copy of EndNote
or Reference Manager, you can search hundreds of libraries and
library networks around the globe simultaneously and and within a few
minutes automatically import them to your database, with all the info
about locations etc.

Frank