[KS] UCLA's Im Chair in Korean Christianity

Buswell, Robert buswell at humnet.ucla.edu
Sun Oct 29 12:59:42 EST 2006

Colleagues: The Center for Korean Studies at UCLA has initiated an open
search to fill the new Im Chair in Korean Christianity (search ad is
below), the first such chair ever to be created in Western academe in
this field, and we are committed to searching as widely as possible to
find the best available candidate to fill it.   Although the University
of California normally presumes that endowed chairs are filled by
renowned scholars at the level of full professor, we will also be
accepting applications from junior candidates of exceptional promise in
both research and teaching.  Nominations, including self-nominations, of
potential candidates for this chair will be especially welcomed.

For a brief announcement regarding the Im Chair, see the article on the
Center for Korean Studies website:

http://www.international.ucla.edu/korea/

Im Chair in Korean Christianity.  University of California, Los Angeles,
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1487.  The International Institute invites
applications and/or nominations for a distinguished senior scholar to
occupy the newly established Dong Soon Im and Mi Ja Im Endowed Chair in
Korean Christianity. Appointment will be in the professorial series in
an appropriate department in the College of Letters and Science. We seek
a scholar with demonstrated distinction and strong future potential in
research and a solid commitment to undergraduate and graduate education.
The ideal candidate should have well-established research interests in
Korean Christianity and distinction in an academic discipline relevant
to the study of Christianity in Korea. We also prefer a dynamic program
builder, who will affiliate with the Center for Korean Studies and
collaborate with UCLA's extensive programs in the study of Korean and
Asian religions. Appointment to begin July 1, 2007.  Send letter of
application, vita, statement of research & teaching interests, selected
publications, and names of three referees or three letters of
recommendation to: Im Chair in Korean Christianity Search Committee,
Center for Korean Studies, Box 951487, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1487.
For further information, contact search-committee chair Robert Buswell
via e-mail: Buswell at humnet.ucla.edu .  Review of applications will begin
December 11, 2006, but search will remain open until position is filled.
UCLA is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer and has a
strong commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among
its faculty and staff.

Thank you,

Robert Buswell

Robert Buswell, Professor of Chinese & Korean Buddhism

Department of Asian Langs. & Cultures

Director, Center for Buddhist Studies

290 Royce Hall, Box 951540, UCLA,

Los Angeles, CA 90095-1540