[KS] MCAA conference deadline extended

Richard C. Miller rcmiller at wisc.edu
Wed Sep 6 13:45:09 EDT 2006

For those of you in the mid-section of the United State, I would like to
pass on the following conference announcement from Katherine Bowie,
Program Chair. This is an excellent opportunity for your graduate
students to gain conference experience, and I might add that the current
lineup is a little thin on East Asian contributions. If you have any
questions, please contact the conference organizers,
mcaa at intl-institute.wisc.edu, or Katherine Bowie (kabowie at wisc.edu).

Apologies for cross-posting,

Richard Miller
Acting Associate Director
Center for East Asian Studies
University of Wisconsin-Madison

-----------

The deadline for the submission of paper titles for the 55th Annual
Midwest Conference on Asian Affairs
<http://seasia.wisc.edu/mcaa/index.htm>(MCAA)was postponed to September
1; however, late submissions will still be accepted. I would like to
encourage everyone to submit papers and attend; it is a graduate student
friendly conference in which everyone can present developing or
completed research. MCAA will be held in Madison, Wisconsin this
year,October 20-22, in conjunction with the South Asia Annual Conference
<http://southasiaconference.wisc.edu/> and the Council of Thai Studies.
This year promises to be a particularly lively gathering of Asianists,
drawing from colleagues nationally and internationally, as well as in
the Midwest.

The President of the Association for Asian Studies (AAS), Professor
Anand Yang, will be giving the keynote address. This year's presidential
panel is entitled "Dissident Sexualities and Transgenders in Asia and
Asian-America." For more information, go to the MCAA website,
http://seasia.wisc.edu/mcaa/index.htm, or email questions to
mcaa at intl-institute.wisc.edu. If you have additional questions, feel
free to contact me (kabowie at wisc.edu).

Look forward to seeing you there,