[KS] Air conditioning and facial paralysis

Edward Massengill emassengill at comcast.net
Mon Sep 18 16:02:37 EDT 2006

Just as I was getting a big kick out of teasing my Korean wife about the
apparent absurdity of "death by fan" (which she believes) the picture was
clouded by references to "cold air" and "paralysis".

Just a few weeks ago, one of my best friends told me that one night recently
she inadvertently left her air conditioning system on very low. The next
morning she woke up with paralysis (hopefully temporary but still present
after more than a month) on one side of her face. Neither she nor her
doctors are Korean.

Edward Massengill

Amateur Koreanist