[KS] Air conditioning and facial paralysis

David McCann dmccann at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 21 09:25:27 EDT 2006

Another related tidbit, in the Samguk Yusa the story of Ch'ôyong has
King Hôn'gang going north, south, east, and center, with ceremonies out
in each direction. Not west though, which I am guessing by subtraction
is the direction the Yôksin, plague spirit, comes from when it takes
human form and gets into bed with Ch'ôyong's wife. A ceremony is
performed, and the evil spirit/wind promises never to return, unless, it
says, you guys start fooling around with air conditioners, which are
unnatural.

David McCann