[KS] Visiting Professor Program:Invitation for Applications, 2008-2009
Research Center for Korean Studies, Kyushu Univ
qdai.uok at mbox.nc.kyushu-u.ac.jp
Tue Dec 18 01:07:36 EST 2007
Dear List Members,
The Research Center for Korean Studies of Kyushu University is pleased to
announce one Visiting Professor will be recruited for the academic year of
2008-2009. Foreign specialists in the field of Korean studies who are
interested in spending no more than 6 months at the Research Center for
Korean Studies during the academic year of 2008-2009 (April to March), are
invited to submit applications for this program.
The Visiting Professor has the following obligations to the Center:
1. As the Center is a research institution, there are no teaching duties,
but the visiting scholar is expected to be available for talks and
consultation with the members of faculty and graduate students.
2. The Center will expect the Visiting Professor to give at least two formal
presentations at international symposiums hosted by the Research Center for
Korean Studies or other academic meetings at Kyushu University.
3. The Center will further expect the Visiting Professor to contribute an
article during their stay in Fukuoka to the Center’s international refereed
journal, Korean Studies, on a subject within the broad confines of Korean
4. Upon the completion of the stay, the Visiting Professor is asked to
submit a report on the program.
Conditions of Awards
The Center undertakes to provide the following:
1. One round-trip economy airfare between the place of residence and
Fukuoka. Travel expenses for any dependents will not be paid.
2. A salary. It will be paid according to the professor’s experience and
Kyushu University Regulations.
3. Inexpensive accommodation arranged by the Center. The rent of the
designated accommodation and the cost of gas, electricity, water supply etc.
must be paid separately.
4. A daily commuting allowance to and from the Center.
5. An office at the Center (including a personal computer) and access to all
university and library facilities. Secretarial service is not provided.
6. The national medical insurance will be available at the Visiting
7. The Visiting Professor is expected to spend no more than 6 months at the
The above-mentioned conditions are preliminary and are subject to change
once the final details of the program are determined in 2008-2009.
Applicants should submit applications for this program by the deadline
(January, 7,2008). The application form is available from
(http://rcks.isc.kyushu-u.ac.jp/jp/uploads/photos/57.doc). Applicants are
expected to attach at least two letters of reference: one letter from the
institution to which they are attached, testifying that they will be free
during the duration of their stay in Fukuoka, and another, confidential
letter from a recognized specialist in their field.
The selection process will be conducted during January 2008, carefully
examining the applicants’ research plans, academic achievements, possible
contributions to the research projects of the Research Center for Korean
Studies, and other factors.
Applicants will be informed of the selection results by the end of January,
Correspondence concerning this program should be addressed to:
Tsugio Inaba, Director
Research Center for Korean Studies, Kyushu University
6-10-1, Hakozaki, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka 812-8581, Japan
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Koreanstudies