[KS] Romanization guides/help/thanks

Dr. Edward D. Rockstein ed4linda at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 06:59:13 EDT 2007

Kevin, I don't know about "currently accepted" Romanizations, but here's how I'd do them in McCune-Reischauer (M-R) and the ROK Ministry of Culture and Tourism (ROK) systems, indicating the voiwel marks with a following ^ as in Yo^n, and based on what I believe to be the modern pronunciations:

  M-R: Yo^nryeak          [Banquet Music]
  ROK: Yeonryeak

  M-R: Cheryeak           [Ritual Music]
  ROK: Jeryeak

  M-R: Hoeryeak           [aka: Hyang'ak, Tang'ak, Aak]
  ROK: Hoeryeak

  M-R: Kunryeak           [Martial Music]
  ROK: Gunrye-ak

  Doc Rock

                          Dr. Edward D. Rockstein
Korean Language Instructor
Language Learning Center (LLC)
891 Elkridge Landing Road, Rm 301
Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Office 410-859-5672
  Fax 410-859-5737
ed4linda at yahoo.com

  "Without Freedom of Thought, there can be no such Thing as Wisdom; and no such Thing as publick Liberty, without Freedom of Speech." Benjamin Franklin