[KS] AAS events

Sunjoo Kim sunjookim1 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 14:42:10 EDT 2007

Dear list members who plan to come to AAS-Boston,

Greetings from Boston! I thought you might be interested in participating in
the following special events during the AAS-Boston this week.

In Memory of James B. Palais, sponsored by the Alliance of Scholars
Concerned about Korea: Saturday 7:15 pm, Salon E  4th floor

Korea Foundation Reception: Friday 7:00 pm, Salon H/I  4th floor

Committee on Korean Studies General Meeting, Friday 9:00 pm, Harvard 3rd
floor

Harvard University Asia Center * Fairbank Center for East Asian Research
Korea Institute * Reischauer Institute of Japanese Studies * South Asia
Initiative and Fairbank Center for East Asian Studies, Reception in honor of
incoming President Elizabeth Perry, Saturday 8:00 pm, Suffolk 3rd floor

International Society for Korean Studies, Saturday 9:00 pm, Vineyard 4th
floor

There was a foot of snow last Friday/Saturday in Boston area followed by
freezing temperatures. We expect a little bit more snow tonight and then 10
degree on Wednesday. Yet, almost unbelievably even to the locals, it is
expected to warm up significantly to about 60 degree on Thursday and Friday.

I look forward to seeing many of you in Boston.

Sun Joo Kim