[KS] The second James Church novel

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Mon Apr 14 06:23:11 EDT 2008

.Bold { font-weight: bold; }
.Title { font-weight: bold; font-size: 18px; color: #cc3300; }
.Code { border: #8b4513 1px solid; padding-right: 5px; padding-left: 5px;color: #000066; font-family: 'Courier New' , Monospace;background-color: #ff9933; }

I might be wrong, but I do not recall having seen anyone writing to indicate the publication late last year of the second James Church novel, Hidden Moon, after A Corpse in the Koryo. I am currently enjoying it, and I would certainly recommend it, but it would be very interesting to know how people who are really familiar with life in the North respond both to the setting, and, above all, to the central character. The idea of a western writer setting out to represent the thoughts and reactions of any North Korean, let alone a police detective, is quite mind-boggling. Especially when this one proves able to quote words from a poem by Robert Burns.
Brother Anthony
Sogang University, Seoul
http://hompi.sogang.ac.kr/anthony/