[KS] A light contemporary read on Korea

Michael Duffy mgduffy45 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 16 21:18:00 EDT 2008

I'd suggest  Michael Breen's "The Koreans". A few years old, but very readable.

From: robime at indiana.eduTo: Koreanstudies at koreaweb.wsDate: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:08:59 -0400Subject: [KS] A light contemporary read on Korea

Dear List:

Any ideas out there for a relativelhy light read on Korea that I could pair with Hokkaido Highway Blues to assign to a group of High School Teachers that I will be leading to Korea and Japan this summer.  Trying to come up with something that is not a monograph, but not mis-leading or too airy fairy.  I discover tht I'm not up on popualr books on Korea.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike Robinson