[KS] FRANK_CFP Korea_Politics, Economy, Society

Ruediger Frank ruediger.frank at univie.ac.at
Tue Aug 12 06:00:12 EDT 2008

Dear list,
as promised earlier, below please find the CFP for Volume III (2009) of Korea: Politics, Economy, Society. The full version of the CFP and instructions for authors are attached. My best wishes,
Rudiger Frank

Call for Papers
Korea Yearbook 2009 ? Politics, Economy, Society
The editors of the Korea Yearbook ? Politics, Economy, Society, published since 2007 by
Brill (Leiden and Boston), are now calling for papers for the 2009 edition of the yearbook.
The Korea Yearbook consists, on the one hand, of four concise overviews of domestic and
external affairs of the two Koreas and, on the other hand, of on average eight in-depth
studies of contemporary political, economic and social affairs in both North and South Korea.
We are now calling for proposals for papers for the latter, refereed part of the yearbook. The
editors are particularly interested in papers dealing with North Korea and inter-Korean affairs
and papers analysing Korean affairs from a comparative perspective. Papers on other topics
falling within the scope of the Korea Yearbook are also very welcome. We encourage both
junior and senior scholars to send in proposals for papers. Interested scholars should send
proposals of max. 500 words to Patrick Köllner (koellner at giga-hamburg.de) by 31 October
2008. The editors will decide by mid-November which proposals for papers should be
developed into manuscripts (10,000 words maximum) to be submitted by 28 February 2009.
The editors guarantee a speedy review of manuscripts. The Korea Yearbook 2009 is due to
be published in September 2009. For further information on the Korea Yearbook see
www.brill.nl/koyb. For some reactions to the first edition of the Korea Yearbook see below.
Rüdiger Frank, James E. Hoare, Patrick Köllner, Susan Pares

--
Prof. Dr. Rudiger Frank
Chair of East Asian Economy and Society

phone: +43-1-4277 43871