[KS] Korean Shakespeare-movies or -dramas?

kevin parks kevin at macosx.com
Sat Jul 19 01:03:26 EDT 2008

Greetings,

This is perhaps slightly askew of your topic perhaps (since you ask for
only TV dramas and movies), but there are also Korean Plays which are
derived from Shakespeare's plots. I only know of one, but I imagine
there are many others. The Sadari Movement Lab's /Spectrum/ was intended
to be an experimental "Koreanized" reading of Hamlet. In the spirit of
full disclosure: I wrote the music for this production (which ran at the
Seoul Arts Center in October 1999). I am sure there must be other
adaptions/appropriations/remixes of Shakespeare's plays to appear on
Korean stages.

best,
Kevin Parks