[KS] 답장: Korean historical documentaries

G. Ok gwangok at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 20:15:07 EDT 2008

Dear Schopf

  You may find usefull with KBS Yeoksa Special (historical documentary) series. I have a few copies however you may be able to get copies you need ordering from the KBS. It is in English. You may need to translate them for your students.

  Best luck.

  Gwang Ok
  Dept. of Exercise Science, Chungbuk National Unive.

C Schopf <jcschopf at hotmail.com> 쓰기:
      .hmmessage P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    Hello List Members:

Would anyone know of any good historical film documentaries dealing with interesting figures or periods in Korea's past?
I'm teaching a course on East Asian civilization for the first time and would like to provide the students with some visual
learning aids as well.

Also, I wonder if any might have heard of a Chinese or Japanese Studies discussion list, similar to this one?

Thanks for your help,

James C Schopf

---------------------------------

> Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:03:19 -0400
> From: jsuh8 at jhu.edu
> To: koreanstudies at koreaweb.ws
> Subject: [KS] Announcing Korean Studies Dissertation Workshop
>
> Can you please forward the announcement of a new and important initiative by SSRC and Korea Foundation? Thank you. JJ
>
> The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) and the Korea Foundation are pleased to announce the creation of the Korean Studies Dissertation Workshop. This annual event aims to foster a sustained network of advanced graduate students and faculty engaged in research on Korea. The four-day workshop provides an informal setting for participants to give and receive critical feedback on dissertations in progress. Applications are welcome from students in all fields of the social sciences and humanities who have not yet begun field work, who are currently in the field, and those who are in the process of writing their dissertations. Full-time advanced graduate students, regardless of citizenship, who are enrolled at U.S. or Canadian institutions and have an approved dissertation prospectus are eligible. The 2008 workshop will take place Sunday, July 13 through Thursday, July 17 at the Asilomar Conference Grounds in Pacific Grove, California, and will involve twelve students and
 five faculty.

> Applications are due by May 1, 2008.
>
> For more information:
> http://fellowships.ssrc.org/korea/
>
> Email: korea at ssrc.org
> Tel: 212-377-2700 ext. 423
> Fax: 212-377-2727
>

> J.J. Suh
> Associate Professor
> SAIS-Johns Hopkins University
> 1740 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
> Washington, DC 20036
> U.S.A.
> Tel: 202-663-5609
> Email: jsuh8 at jhu.edu

      옥 광, PhD
  충북 청주시 흥덕구 개신동 12
  충북대학교 체육학과 교수
  Office: 043) 261-2766
  Mobile: 010-6766-1312
  Email: gwangok at yahoo.com

  Gwang Ok, PhD
  Professor at Dept. of Exercise Science
  Chungbuk National Unive.
  12 Gaeshin-dong, Heungduk-gu, Cheongju,
  Chungbuk Province
  Post Code: 361-763
  Republic of Korea
  Office: +82-(0)43-261-2766
  Mobile: +82-(0)10-6766 1312
  Email: gwangok at yahoo.com

두 유 야후!?
스팸때문에 짜증나세요? 야후! 메일의 스팸 차단 기술로 메일을 보호합니다
http://mail.yahoo.co.kr