[KS] Ethnic and Natioonal Minorities in Korea

Adam Bohnet mixoparth at yahoo.ca
Thu May 8 16:53:30 EDT 2008

Dear Dr. Szalkowska:
I hope that I am not pointing out the obvious, but Korea Journal 47.4 (Winter 2007) is titled *Towards a Multicultural Society* and includes discussion of minorities in Seoul.
Just in case you missed it.
Yours sincerely,
Adam Bohnet
Dear colleagues,

I'm curious about the situation of ethnic/national minorities in Korea. One of the strongest traits of Korea as a nation - its homogeneity seems to be already not the case. I would like to compare minorities' life in Korea and in Poland. If anyone knows of an article, book or other publication concerning this issue (statistics, legal regulations concerning the rights of the national minorities in the Republic of Korea, associations of minorities, etc.) and could pass to me, I would be very grateful for your help.

Emilia Szalkowska
Department of Polish Studies
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Korea