[KS] Two new books

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Wed Dec 23 04:02:49 EST 2009

Members of this list looking for ideas of books to read during the coming weeks should know of 2 new translations recently published:

Lost Souls: Stories by Hwang Sun-won Translated by Bruce & Ju-Chan Fulton. Columbia UP
TOC: http://cup.columbia.edu/book/978-0-231-14968-6/lost-souls/tableOfContents

The Old Garden by Hwang Sok-yong  Translated by Jay Oh. Seven Stories Press.
See: http://www.sevenstories.com/book/?GCOI=58322100231150

There is a riddle about this second title, which I gather will be published in paperback next spring under the title "The Ancient Garden"

Otherwise, you can always consult my list of published translations at http://hompi.sogang.ac.kr/anthony/TranslationList.htm  although I hope that more poetry translations have been published this year than I have noticed.

With all my best wishes for the season

Brother Anthony
Sogang University, Seoul
http://hompi.sogang.ac.kr/anthony/