[KS] Conference: China, Korea, Japan: Methodology and Practice of Culture Interpretation
soojaybi at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 09:59:03 EST 2009
In Kyiv (Ukraine) on 15–16 October, 2009 the first international scientific conference «China, Korea, Japan: Methodology and Practice of Culture Interpretation» will take place.
The organizers of the conference aim to create a common space for fruitful exchange of ideas and research results between specialists in different spheres of the spiritual and material cultures of China, Korea and Japan as specified below in main thematic sessions:
• Social, Economic and Political Development in the Past and the Present Day and Historical Perspective;
• Models of Historical Development;
• Typology of Comparative and Diachronic Studies;
• Theoretical and Applied Issues of Linguistic Research;
• Transformation of Traditional Societies and Cultures;
• Philosophic and Religious Studies in Socio-Cultural Context;
• Interaction of Tradition and Modernity in Literature and Arts.
• Krymsky Institute of Oriental Studies, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine;
• T. Shevchenko Institute of Literature, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine;
• National Taras Shevchenko University of Kyiv;
• Ukrainian Association of Sinologists (烏 克 蘭 漢 學 協 會);
• THE BOGDAN and VARVARA KHANENKO MUSEUM of ART;
• SOAS Centre of Korean Studies (London);
• 고려대학교 BK21 한국어문학 교육연구단 (Korea University, Brain Korea 21 The Education and Research Group for Korean Language and Literature);
• Confucius Institute (Lugansk Taras Shevchenko National University).
Languages of the conference: Ukrainian, English, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Russian.
We invite both individual and panel papers for 20 minute presentation. Submission should not have been published previously. Please submit a 1000-1500 word abstract of the paper (in original language of the paper and English) with an application form to the organizers by e-mail: conf.orient.09 at gmail.com by May 1, 2009. Please note that only one abstract from each individual can be considered for acceptance. In your application you should specify:
Title of paper (in original language of the paper and English), the language of paper presentation must be noted;
Academic degree, title;
Place of employment/study, position;
Contact details: fax, e-mail address;
Necessity of official invitation (Yes/No).
Conference fee (except for representatives of Conference organizers) – 15 €.
Please note that the Organizers are unable to provide travel, accommodation and other expenses.
Notification of acceptance of your paper and accommodation information as well as the preliminary program of the conference will be sent to selected presenters by June 1, 2009.
Selected papers, presented at the conference, will be published in the post-conference book "China, Korea, Japan: Methodology and Practice of Culture Interpretation".
In case of any questions, please, do not hesitate to contact the organizers by e-mail: conf.orient.09 at gmail.com .
Conference Committee board.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Koreanstudies