[KS] KLTI Translation Academy

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Tue Mar 3 03:37:35 EST 2009

This will be the 3rd year that the Korea Literature Translation Institute offers an advanced evening course in literary translation as part of its "Translation Academy" program. The program is advertised for 7 language groups, including English of course, and the classes are held for 2 hours from 7pm one evening each week from April through June and September throughNovember. Applications are now being accepted and full details can be found at http://www.ltikorea.net/ The course is mainly intended for target-language near-native speakers, people capable of simpler translation who want to gain experience in literary translation. It costs almost nothing. The downside is that I am teaching the English section, but a lot of the work is usually done collectively anyway, so we all help each other. The more the merrier, so if anybody knows any interested people living in or near Seoul please encourage them to apply, even a bit belatedly. There is a sample translation needed, but only a couple of paragraphs will do . . .

Brother Anthony
Sogang University, Seoul