[KS] South Korea's Rollback of Democratic Rights

Matthias MAASS mm at mmaass.net
Thu May 7 23:48:38 EDT 2009

Dear List,

Is there any way we can (please!) agree to disagree? Maybe if we do so, and
do so with civility and respect for other viewpoints, this idea might
trickle down to the demonstrators and/or police?

I for one find this 'gotcha!' style of arguing on the list a bit tiresome.
If we can't deal with this topic in a professional way and respect other
people's views, then, really, how do we even justify us making judgments
about people/institutions/governments etc. resorting to violence over
differences of opinion?

Alternatively, all those interested, may wish to continue their discussion
off-list. I would suspect (although admittedly I have no hard data to prove
that) that some subscribers to the list might want to go back to Korean
Studies. I for one wouldn't mind.

Aloha,
Maass (Mr.)