[KS] Bullying in ROK Public Schools

michael robinson robime at indiana.edu
Mon May 18 12:33:08 EDT 2009

Dear List:

I have a query from immigration lawyers on a case where a 10 year old
daughter is being forced by the deportation of her father back to ROK.  She
is US born and has never lived in Korea nor does she speak any Korean.  The
case to avoid her forced deportation would be to show the difficulties she
would face in a transition to Korean schooling.  The lawyers are focused on
the issue of bullying in Korean schools.  I know this occurs, but before I
start signing on to this I wonder what is out there in the way of
information on such practices in Korean schools.  I know there is
aliterature on the more studied case of Japan.  Any help from my better
informed colleagues out there?

Best Wishes,

Mike Robinson

Indiana University