[KS] Carlo Rossetti

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Mon Sep 28 21:13:36 EDT 2009

I see that a copy of Carlo Rossetti's "LETTERE DALLA COREA "  (1904,  Livorno Tipografia di Raffaello Giusti,Italy) is available for purchase from a bookseller in Seoul. This is a collection of letters Carlo Rossetti sent to Italy in 1902 offering a general overview of the political and commercial situation of Korea in 1902. It would seem to be as interesting a source as the more popular book already mentioned. And about as rare!

I also see that the Italian consul in Seoul at the time of Rossetti's visit, Ugo FRANCESETTI di MALGRA , died in Korea in 1903 and is buried in the Foreigners' Cemetery at Hapjeong-dong (see: http://www.macoree.com/Jeoldusan.html  )

Brother Anthony
Sogang University, Seoul
http://hompi.sogang.ac.kr/anthony/