[KS] drumming in traditional Korean music

Hae-Sung Jeon hsj24 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Aug 1 12:10:35 EDT 2010

Dear List,

Thank you very much for your responses. They are *extremely* helpful, and
I'm very glad to learn that there are so many resources that I can actually
look up :-) It looks like Keith Howard's work is a good place to start.

I'm most interested in the (lack of) anacrusis in traditional Korean music,
and its rather chaotic (but tightly structured) rhythm. A few days' research
made me think that Korean folk songs (minjo) and sijo would be extremely
interesting to look at for these issues - I would always welcome any
discussions, further reading suggestions (both in English and Korean), or
comments.

Many thanks,
Hae-Sung