[KS] September program of RASKB

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Fri Aug 27 20:42:21 EDT 2010

The Royal Asiatic Society Korea Branch will be organizing the following lectures and lecture tours in September. There will be a number of additional  lectures, details of which I wil post once they are finalized. Please note that the Sept 8 lecture will be held on a Wednesday instead of the usual Tuesday. Full details and contact information can be found on the RASKB home page, http://www.raskb.com/    which has been redesigned though all the contents are not yet completely in place.

I would also like to invite submissions for the next volume of our Transactions, to be dated 2010 but published in May 2011, which will (we hope) contain a series of papers on the 1910 Japanese annexation. Submissions or inquiries can be sent to me or to the General Editor, Samuel Hawley (  sammargie (at) yahoo.com  )

Brother Anthony
RASKB Publications Committee
Sogang University, Seoul

RASKB Lecture

Korean Sounds in the World Imagination: Overseas Art Music Engaging with Korean Musical Heritage
Prof. John Seales
Wednesday, Sep 08, 2010
2nd floor, Residents’ Lounge, Somerset Palace, Seoul

Lecture-Tours

Bukchon Walking Tour
Saturday, September 4, 2010

Dong Gang (River) One Day Rafting Tour
Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hiking-Tour of Seungga-Sa Temple in Southern Bukhan-San National Park
Saturday September 11th, 2010

KTX Express Train to Busan Tour
Sunday, September 12, 2010

Gyeongju Tour?The Ancient Kingdom of Silla
Saturday-Sunday, September 18-19, 2010

Soyang Lake and Gugok Water Fall (Chuncheon) Tour
Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fortress Wall of Bugaksan Hiking Tour
Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Chungmu (Tongyong), Hallyo Sudo (Waterway) and Gojedo Tour: A Journey into Korea's Scenic South
Saturday - Sunday, September 25-26, 2010