[KS] Linguistic Landcsape of Seoul

Antti Leppänen antti.leppanen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 00:26:54 EST 2010

Hello,

On the issue of the first signage in Roman characters, you might find some
clues or further sources in the article "Han'guk kûndaesa sogûi
kôrigwangomulgwa karogyônggwan" by Hô Yông-nan et al in "Seoul 20segi
saenghwal, munhwa pyŏnch’ŏnsa" (Seoul Development Institute, 2002). I don't
have the work at hand, but I remember that the article had pretty detailed
data on the linguistic changes of signboards in 20th-century Seoul.

Best,
Antti Leppänen
--
Antti Leppänen
Academy of Finland Postdoctoral Researcher