[KS] Reminder! Grant program from the Korea Foundation: The Support for Korean Studies E-Resources

Sung, Yunah yunahs at umich.edu
Sun Feb 7 15:56:52 EST 2010

This is a friendly reminder for the Support for Korean Studies E-Resources. The Task Force on Korean Studies E-Resources previously announced the Grant program generously provided by the Korea Foundation.

We greatly appreciate your interests on Korean studies e-resources and your efforts to work with your institution’s library for subscribing these much needed resources. As announced on January 18, subscription orders and grant application should be sent before February 12, 2010. Please check with your library for the availability of Korean e-resources and recommend the library to take full advantage of this Grant program, if needed.

Here’s a simple step-by-step procedure and subscription fee for Group C libraries (libraries without a full-time Korean studies librarian);

1.      Contact each e-resources vendor ASAP for a free trial service and subscription order;

1-1.E-Korean Studies (http://www.e-koreanstudies.com<http://www.e-koreanstudies.com/>)

9 DBs at $4,560 per year: Koreanstudies Information Service System (KISS), KSI e-book, KoreaA2Z, Kdatabase, KPjournal, Digital Culture Art Course, Korean History & Culture Research DB, History Culture Series, and LawnB's Legal Information Service

1-2.Nurimedia (http://nanc.nurimedia.co.kr<http://nanc.nurimedia.co.kr/>)

2 DBs at $3,820 per year: DBpia and KRpia

1-3.Other fee-based online DBs on Korean Studies

2.      Fill out a Grant application form available at the Korea Foundation (http://www.kf.or.kr<http://www.kf.or.kr/>) web site and submit to the Foundation before February 12, 2010. Please note that the scope of Grant is up to 50% of the total subscription fees, but not to exceed $5,000 per institution.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or any other Task Force members listed below. We are more than happy to assist you and your institution. Thank you very much for your interests.

Best wishes,

Task Force on Korean Studies E-Resources

Mikyung Kang (mlkang at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:mlkang at fas.harvard.edu>), Harvard University
Miree Ku (miree.ku at duke.edu<mailto:miree.ku at duke.edu>), Duke University
Sun-Yoon Lee (sunyoonl at usc.edu<mailto:sunyoonl at usc.edu>), USC
Yunah Sung (yunahs at umich.edu<mailto:yunahs at umich.edu>), University of Michigan