[KS] James Scarth Gale Translation Prize

Andre Schmid andre.schmid at utoronto.ca
Mon Feb 22 11:25:29 EST 2010

The Centre for the Study of Korea, University of Toronto, is pleased
to announce that the James Scarth Gale Translation Award for 2009 has
been granted to Jieun Han (Sungkyunkwan University) and Franklin
Rausch (University of British Columbia) for their joint translation of
An Chunggeun's "A Treatise on Peace in the East." I hope you will all
join me in congratulating them. The translation together with an
introduction -- excellent resources for those teaching modern Korea --
are available on the Centre for the Study of Korea's website (www.utoronto.ca/csk)
.

The CSK will again host this award for non-fiction pieces written
during Korea's 'long' twentieth century.  We welcome translations of
academic essays, series of newspaper articles, magazine features, or
original archival sources, to name a few. Graduate students are
especially encouraged to submit translations by this year's deadline
of September 1, 2010.  For more details please visit the CSK website.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Andre Schmid
Director