[KS] New Faculty Position in Korean History at Seoul National University
moonsori at snu.ac.kr
Thu Jan 14 23:48:36 EST 2010
Would you kindly forward the following announcement to your colleagues and circulate it through internet posting and mailing list within your institution? Thank you very much.
New Faculty Position in Korean History at Seoul National University
The Department of Korean History at Seoul National University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position to begin in September 2010. Applications may be of any rank or specialty within the field of Korean History. We seek international scholar with outstanding research and teaching credentials who will play an integral role in the development and globalization of the field of Korean history and help enhance diversity within the university. Teaching will be at both the graduate and undergraduate levels.
Candidate must have earned a Ph.D. by August 2010 and will be expected to lecture in English. Excellence in oral and written competence in both Korean and English is essential, and native-level competence will be highly regarded in assessing applications.
- a rewarding and stable institutional environment for teaching and research
- outstanding research facilities
- the opportunity to teach and mentor students of exceptional talent and traning
- a twelve-month-based salary
- one semester paid research leave out of every seven semesters
- a wide variety of intra-university research grants
- reimbursement of relocation expenses
- a comprehensive medical insurance program
- on campus, subsidized housing
- educational allowances for children
- a full range of retirement allowances
Candidates should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, proposed research planned over the next ten years, syllabi of three courses to be taught, the names and email addresses of three academic referees, and copies of three publications (books or articles) to: Chair, Department of Korean History, Seoul National University, San 56-1, Sillim-dong Gwanak-gu, Seoul, 151-747, South Korea. The deadline for applications is March 1, 2010. Short-listed candidates are likely to be interviewed by mid-late June. Please contact Professor Kwon Tae-Eok at taekwon at snu.ac.kr for more information.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Koreanstudies