[KS] uri

will pore willpore at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 03:52:16 EDT 2010

Dear List:

For any comparative Asian linguists, Ural Altaic linguists (?), or, maybe
even Korean linguists on the list, I would like to inquire if a pronoun
similar to the Korean we (i.e. 'uri') occurs with the same
frequency/prominence in any related languages to the same degree that it
does in Korean. Should we accept the assertion that I nearly always have had
that the prominence of that pronoun in Korean is due to a particular Korean
mindset alone? I have never read a discussion of this phenomenon by a Korean
language scholar, however. I am not presenting this question merely as a
random thought of mine or as a puzzle for the illumination of others on the
list, but as part of a larger study.

I will greatly appreciate any authoratative replies.

Regards,

Will

--
William F. Pore