[KS] Is your doctoral dissertation on Korea authoritatively covered?

Frank Joseph Shulman fshulman at umd.edu
Thu May 20 10:08:16 EDT 2010

Dear Colleague,

Would you like to make certain that your doctoral dissertation is authoritatively cited and appropriately described in "A Century of Doctoral Dissertations on Korea, 1903-2004", a five volume, annotated bibliography of over 14,000 Western-language dissertations that I am now on the verge of completing for publication? This multidisciplinary reference work includes studies that deal in their entirety with Korea, including the overseas Korean communities, as well as many dissertations that deal only in part with Korea. Coverage is provided for relevant research at universities in some forty countries and in such Western languages as Dutch, French, German, Russian and Spanish as well as in English. Please note that the bibliography is limited to dissertations written BEFORE 2005.

If you do wish to check, please contact me directly at fshulman at umd.edu at your earliest opportunity and I will be happy to send you the entry that I have prepared for your review. Please include your dissertation title, the name of your degree-awarding university, and the year of your degree for my immediate reference.

NOTE: Communications regarding dissertations completed at universities in countries other than the United States will be especially welcome.

With my sincere thanks and my best wishes,

Frank Joseph Shulman

May 20, 2010

Frank Joseph Shulman
Bibliographer, Editor and Consultant for Reference Publications in Asian Studies
9225 Limestone Place
College Park, Maryland 20740-3943 (U.S.A.)
E-mail:  fshulman at umd.edu