[KS] Choson-era broadsheets

CedarBough T. Saeji umyang at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 08:01:00 EST 2010

Michael Kim (Yonsei) does research on early publishing in Korea. This
article (which I read a several years ago and can't remember properly)
should touch on your topic and have a useful bibliography to mine for more
sources:
"Literary Production, Circulating Libraries, and Private Publishing: The
Popular Reception of Vernacular Fiction Texts in the Late Choson Dynasty,"
Journal of Korean Studies, volume 9, Nov.2004, Stanford University
Professor Kim certainly taught several classes related to information
circulation, broadsheets and early newspapers in Korea when I had a class
with him in 2005.

--
Ph.D. Candidate in UCLA's program in Culture and Performance

CedarBough Saeji
Address till 08/2011: 서울특별시 용산구 이태원2동 215-31번지 3충 (우) 140-867 Republic of
Korea
Permanent address: 220 Snowberry Lane Lopez Island, Wash. 98261
http://www.cedarsphotography.com