[KS] Fwd: cultural object circulation in the late Choson Dynasty query

jimhoare64 at aol.co.uk jimhoare64 at aol.co.uk
Sun Oct 10 12:02:52 EDT 2010

I have been asked to forward the message below from Professor Peter Kornicki
Jim Hoare

From: Peter Kornicki <pk104 at cam.ac.uk>

Date: 10 October 2010 12:53:18 GMT+01:00

To: koreanstudies at koreaweb.ws

Subject: Book circulation in the Choson dynasty

The answers to the query about Koryo celadon prompt me to piggy-back a question of my own onto the original one. Is there any evidence for any sort of 'market' for books, new or old, in the Choson dynasty? There is much information about the purchase of books by Koreans in China and Japan, but what about the possibilities for book-purchase within Korea itself?

Peter Kornicki
Robinson College, Cambridge=