[KS] term for children of concubines during Joseon

Kay Richards Gmail richards.kyungnyun at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 18:38:30 EDT 2010

I have found 逸名 (일명) in the Korean dictionaries (한글학회 큰사전,
현대국어대사전) as a definition of 庶孼 (서얼).  There is also 椒林 (초림)
listed in the 큰사전 next to 일명.

The word 一名(일명) may be an entirely different word.  However, I wonder if
it has any connection to 逸名 (일명) besides the homophony of the two
characters.

Kay Richards