[KS] Official end of WWII in Asia

Ruediger Frank ruediger.frank at univie.ac.at
Sun Sep 5 08:32:46 EDT 2010

Dear all,
am I the only one who has second thoughts regarding this thread?
Let me put it this way: In today's world, would Mr. Yoon's deeds be regarded as an act of heroism? Or as an example of another -ism? Not that such a discussion would lead us very far on this list, but I find it interesting to observe how blowing up a person (or ripping off one of his legs) with a bomb can be interpreted in very different ways depending on... on what? On context? On culture? On vantage point?
Best wishes,
Rudiger Frank