[KS] Official end of WWII in Asia

Tobias Lehmann Tobias53 at gmx.de
Mon Sep 6 21:46:14 EDT 2010

Hi Jim,

I completely agree with your reference to militant nationalism at the end of your last mail but I'm not quite sure whether it is exclusively a Korean phenomenon or rather a regional configuration of nationalism and I do think that there are differences between the North and the South at least after such a long period of division. I don't think that neither Japanese nor Chinese would behave so much differently under similar historical circumstances. As you said, the Chinese sincerely regret that they were not brave enough to show such national sacrifices than the Koreans did. Actually such claim may make the Korean nationalism in some parts of the society even more militant and proud of their national achievements...

Best, Tobias Lehmann

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

--
Tobias Lehmann
German language lecturer

Shinsu-dong 88-27,
Mapo-gu
Seoul 121-854
South Korea

phone: +82 2 717 6485
Mobile: +82 10 4972 1603
e-Mail: tobias53 at gmx.de

GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99 Euro/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl