[KS] assessing historical meanings - Mr. Yoon

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at koreaweb.ws
Wed Sep 15 18:11:27 EDT 2010

Dear Vladimir:

Yes, sure -- but below you are clarifying
something that was not stated otherwise. Korean
communists have indeed succeeded to create their
very own little "purges" and "work camps" --
quite independent from Moscow, totally localized
ones. (Irony intended.) And they started to work
on this early on, already during the colonial
period in Manchuria. ...Wasn't Helen Foster
Snow's (Nym Wales) romanticizing book on Kim San
(Chang Chirak) just mentioned here two weeks ago?
It has the sub-title A Korean Communist in the
Chinese Revolution. And what happened to Kim San,
and why so?

In any case, what you say below is certainly not wrong.

Best,
Frank