[KS] call for panel participants for AKSE conference

Olga Fedorenko olga.fedorenko at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 19:05:37 EDT 2010

Greetings everyone,

I am thinking of proposing a panel for AKSE conference in Moscow,
Russia (June17-20, 2011; http://www.akse.uni-kiel.de/index.php?topic=next_conference)
, on the topic of mass media in Korea.

My own paper will be on recent changes in the regulation of broadcast
advertising and surrounding discourses, which I read as indicative of
public attitudes towards advertising and capitalism in South Korea,
but this focus is only preliminary. I am more than open to any
suggestions as to where the panel will go, as long as it is loosely
about media in Korea and falls under the AKSE rubric "Modern Korean
Society."

If you are interested to be one of the 3 presenters or a discussant,
please email me (olga.fedorenko at gmail.com). The AKSE deadline for
proposals is October 31, so I am hoping to have the panel proposal
ready by October 20th.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Olga Fedorenko

PhD candidate