[KS] Joseon-era official terms

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at koreaweb.ws
Fri Jan 7 11:35:59 EST 2011

Oh, I eat my blueberries every day, I still can remember :)
It is taken from the wonderful (I HIGHLY
recommend it!) work that Andrew Jackson mentioned
in this thread before:

   Kim Tai-jin, _A Bibliographical Guide to Traditional
   Korean Sources_ (Seoul: Asiatic Research Center,
   Korea University, 1976): 559-568

Only that the transcription in the book is given in McCune-Reischauer.

I found this book tremendously useful; it
summarizes all the important classical works
(including travel diaries and all kind of
scholarly works from the Chosôn period), gives
the titles and names in Chinese characters,
translates titles etc.-- saves a lot of work if
you're looking for some starting point, or just
want to know what's in a certain known book from
that period, especially if one is not quite yet
at home in the Chosôn period as Professor Ledyard.

Best,
Frank