[KS] painter Kim Chin-u (1883?-1950)

Kenneth Koo kennethkoo at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 16 00:56:07 EST 2011

Dear Frank,

I recommend you consult Han'guk kundae misul ui yoksa published by Yolhwadang in 2006. It's a massive two-volume set, one with a red cover and the other with a yellow one. There are no illustrations but it has the most comprehensive index of Korean artists I have seen anywhere. You will find a great deal of biographic data on every major and minor artist working in modern Korea; I would be surprised if nothing appeared on Kim Chin-u. I am afraid I don't have the books with me at the moment so I cannot check on your behalf.

The editor of the set, Ch'oe Yol, also manages an archive of materials on modern Korean art located west of Kyongbokkung in Hyojadong.

Best,
Se-Woong Koo