[KS] Source of quote

Barbara Wall superrhabarber at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 25 14:14:50 EST 2011

송충이는 솔잎을 먹어야 산다
A pine caterpillar has to eat pine leaves.  I am afraid there is no interesting story behind this proverb.
It just means everybody has to live according to his situation.
(사람은 분수에 맞게 살아야 한다. )

This saying is often translated as:

He bit off more than he can chew.

But I am not so familiar with English proverbs....

Hope I could help. ^^

Barbara Wall
Fröbelstr. 44
58454 Witten